An easy way to brighten up your Steam client with a splash of fresh, lively colours is by installing the Air Skin for Steam, which brings a glowing, bubbly blue texture to the user interface of the Steam client, adds a custom friends list, button overlay and in-game notification bar that are simply beautiful when it comes to visuals and graphics. The Air developer, Elundris, has made a wonderful job when it comes to designing and creating this Steam skin for users on Steam to use. Dazzling and vibrant, this Steam skin brings beauty in to the world of Steam, which is excellent when players would like something to flare up their simple default Steam client, or any other pre-installed skin that they use. The colour scheme that coats the selection of buttons and layers within the Steam client works perfectly, with a mixture of white and light blue.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Air Skin Changelogs
- Moved VR button to main menu.
- Fixed visual styling of achievement notification.
- Fixed finish button placement on backup wizard.
- Added new color YouTube red.
- Updated Roboto font names in OSX.
- Added new in-home streaming advanced host options.
- Added new web browser checkbox in browser settings.
- Added new controller settings page.
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: Press Cmd+Shift+G in Finder and type
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- v1: Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
- v2: Delete the skin folder from /Steam/skins.
Download Air Skin for Steam