Compact skin for Steam is a simple but sleek skin that transforms your default client skin in to a dark, stealthy client that allows important information along with buttons to stand out boldly. The minimalist skin uses a very simple colour scheme of a smooth block along with a strong bright white which strikes the eye when looking over the skin. This simple transition of colours looks brilliant, and this skin also allows players with lower end computers to try out Steam skin alternation as there are aren’t any complex colours or layers to render within the Steam client. Any graphics that are too complex have been removed, leaving the most minimal, basic skin that still looks pleasant to the eye. The developer, seq, has clearly made a wonderful job of designing and creating the Steam Compact skin which is a great skin to replace the bland, default Steam skin.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Compact Skin Changelogs
- Updated to match Steam version 1499823214 (built 170712)
- Updated the purchase dialog when purchasing items in-game (e.g. Dota 2)
- Removed links to the forum thread since the forums seems to have been retired for good
- Updated to match Steam version 1440016726 (built 150819)
- Adjustments to the Downloads window.
- Adjustments to the Details window.
- Fixed a few inconsistencies for Polish language users.
- Fixes for the login dialog.
- Fixes for the e-mail reminder popup.
- Fixes for the Settings dialog on Linux.
- Some adjustments to the Details view.
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: Press Cmd+Shift+G in Finder and type
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- v1: Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
- v2: Delete the skin folder from /Steam/skins.
Download Compact Skin for Steam