Compact skin for Steam is a simple but sleek skin that transforms your default client skin in to a dark, stealthy client that allows important information along with buttons to stand out boldly. The minimalist skin uses a very simple color scheme of a smooth block along with a strong bright white which strikes the eye when looking over the skin. This simple transition of colors looks brilliant, and this skin also allows players with lower-end computers to try out Steam skin alternation as there are aren’t any complex colors or layers to render within the Steam client. Any graphics that are too complex have been removed, leaving the most minimal, basic skin that still looks pleasant to the eye. The developer, seq, has clearly made a wonderful job of designing and creating the Steam Compact skin which is a great skin to replace the bland, default Steam skin.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Compact Skin Changelogs
- Compatible with Steam version 1523458786 (built 2018-07-24).
Compatible with Steam version 1522101301 (built 2018-03-26).
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: Press Cmd+Shift+G in Finder and type
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- v1: Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
- v2: Delete the skin folder from /Steam/skins.
The chat and friends UI doesn't load? Then you have to disable the new UI for them. We posted a guide on how to do this, take a look here.