As you may know, the Steam Chat Friends performed a major update on 24, July 2018. New friends list, voice, and chat features were added to the Steam client. Some users like the new UI, but for others don’t like it and want to use the old design of Steam chat. Also, there are still no Steam skins to support Chat with the new interface.
Some themes were updated to support the new version of Steam Client, but the chat still uses the default style of Steam. Also, this update has ruined most of the themes that have not been updated for a long time.
Here is the list of all the Steam Skins that are compatible with the latest version of Steam.
- Compact Skin
- Plexed Skin
- Invert Skin
- PixelVision 2 Skin
- Pressure Skin
- Air Skin
- Minimal Steam UI Skin
- Metro Skin
Check our website regularly to see if a skin has been updated.
How to turn off new Steam Friends UI?
Fortunately, there is a very easy way to activate the old Steam Chat UI, I’ll try to explain it below.
- 1) Right click on the Steam shortcut on your desktop, and select from the list “Properties”.
- 2) Now a new box is opened, and find “Target”.
Note: If you installed Steam in partition C:/, then you will get something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"
If you have Steam installed in another location, you will have to select the location where it is installed.
- 3) Added 2 commands at the end of the target text.
In my case, the final result will be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -nochatui -nofriendsui
- 4) After added commands from above, just click on “Apply” and then the “OK” button.
- 5) Now open the Steam normally, and the old chant style should be loaded. All the skins from the above list work with Chat UI disabled.
Why should I disable the new Chat Interface?
Pressure Skin with new Chat UI ON
Pressure Skin with new Chat UI OFF
If you have any problems, leave a comment below and I will help you as soon as possible.