Steam users looking to spice up the default Steam interface and change out the default Steam skin but want to see features of their Windows PC interface entwined within their Steam client and in-game will love the Windows 8 Metro Steam Skin developed by BoneyardBrew. The skin is easy to install, just like other Steam skins and presents the Steam client, it’s in game features and the chat as well as other parts of Steam similar to the Windows user interface, making Steam users who install the skin feel more at home. The skin comes with custom, clean buttons which look very professional and a simple colour scheme that is basic but attractive. Also, Metro Skin for Steam makes the Steam chat features look appealing with a custom overlay and colour accent which suits the other parts of the Steam client. The Metro Skin’s great for a homely feel.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Metro Skin Changelogs
- Fixed custom colors are not restoring.
- Added options for grid view.
- Improved error messages.
- Support running out of the skin directory.
- Enabled decals.
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: right-click Steam.app and choose show package contents then
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
1.21 MB | Version 4.1.3