Naruto Ultimate Bijuu skin is one made for Naruto fans, designed by user mid272. The skin looks at version 4.0.
Colors & Design
There’s yellow everywhere. Lots and lots of yellow. Very little black remains, and most of the text is yellow, too – apart from the odd subheading or meu item which are oddly still left in white. It’s not a nice yellow, either. It’s a murky-mustard color, and there’s far too much of it.
There are background images for the games list and main window – images that will look distorted if you don’t have your Steam window in the intended size.
The address bar and menu area of Steam has a modified Steam logo, although it’s partly cut off and could have done with being a tad smaller. The messages icon has not been touched and is its default self, leaving a green square with white text that sticks out like a sore thumb.
Reading the text isn’t easy with the Naruto Ultimate Bijuu skin. The background image in the games list is the worst offender, with uninstalled games being nearly the same color as parts of the background picture, making some words completely unreadable. There needs to be a semi-transparent layer to preserve the darker text.
This skin suffers in terms of usability due to the issues mentioned above, but otherwise, there are no glaring issues. Steam Big Picture is supported, with the controller icon taking its place to the right of the header where most people will naturally look for it. The icon has even been recolored into – guess what – yellow!
I’m not a Naruto fan. So this skin isn’t for me anyway. However, even for fans, there are pretty big issues with the background images and overall look of the skin. Not a skin I’d recommend.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
- Updated to newest Steam Client to fix many old issues
- Steam Logo now looks like the proper Bijuu mode
- Text is a bit brighter and better looking, as well as easier to read
- Play button is now a proper color scheme
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: right-click Steam.app and choose show package contents then
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
The chat and friends UI doesn't load? Then you have to disable the new UI for them. We posted a guide on how to do this, take a look here.