Originally developed by Darth Tealc, the Old Flat Green Steam Skin now continued by jonnyboy0719 is a simple but sophisticated, mainly green Steam skin which seems to take its aesthetic themes from the traditional color scheme of the army. The skin allows the presentation of information and buttons that are laid out over the Steam client to be easily visible as the basic mixture of lighter and darker shades of the color green within the color scheme make certain items and pieces of text stand out boldly. The multiple variations of tones of army green colors brought together looks terrific upon the client skin. The Old Flat Green Steam Skin is perfect for Steam users who are not big fans of the default Steam client skin and need a change. Some say that this skin is the most impressive and aesthetically pleasing skin out there, so give it a try.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Old Flat Green Skin Changelogs
- Overlay UI updated
- Fixed collapse/expand icons
- Fixed friends list collapse/expand icons
- New screenshots
- Updated for Steam music update.
- Miscellaneous tweaks/bugfixes here and there.
- Fixed Find and IME dialogs in Overlay Web Browser.
- Updated styling of View buttons in Library pane.
- Removed ugly gradients in List views.
- Fixed blue gradient in corner of windows.
- Styled the new emoticon button like an actual button.
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: right-click Steam.app and choose show package contents then
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
The chat and friends UI doesn't load? Then you have to disable the new UI for them. We posted a guide on how to do this, take a look here.