Steam users looking for a tint on the usual Steam default skin could install the PixelVision skin. Not only does this skin present Steam in a bold, clean way but also uses a serious, dark black to add a hardcore gamer feel. The buttons seem to become more striking, which is great when it comes to aesthetics. Also, the similarity to the original Steam client means that Steam users will still feel at home using the new skin. Using a mixture of a deep black and a dark blue works brilliantly, making key information, boxes and buttons stand apart from the dark background and imaging. Not only that, but the vivid in game popups and notifications seem to fit with any game; perfect when it comes to Steam skins. This skin is great for users who want to try out a new skin similar to the default skin.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
PixelVision 2 Skin Changelogs
- Fixed a missing button in download settings menu for using bits per second instead of bytes.
- Fixed a misaligned button in In-Game settings menu to use the desktop game theater.
- Added In-Home Streaming information to games page details subheader.
- Russian.styles file edits have been reverted back to the way it was originally.
- Overlay bugs caused by the latest Steam beta update have been fixed.
- Final version.
- Proper support for the Streaming Beta.
- Implemented new notifications and chat invite bars from the new Streaming Beta.
- Reimplemented the refresh button.
- Fixed the ‘Repeat Once’ button not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an alignment issue with the password field on the login dialog.
- Moved the ‘Parental Lock’ button further to the left to avoid UI collisions.
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: right-click Steam.app and choose show package contents then
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
- Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
880.17 KB | Version v2016-1006