Created by Mid272/Zoeo, Publiclir is a professional looking tweak of the Steam interface with a blue and black theme based on the eSports team of the same name.
Colors & Design
The header has been completely redone. It now features the team’s logo in the top left with sponsor logos on the right hand side below the messages, wallet and Big Picture Mode icons. The background fades from a gray-blue in the left to a dark navy on the right. The store, library, community and user profile links use the Droid font, although that appears to be the only font change in the entire skin.
The library page features a very light, blown up team logo that doesn’t get in the way of any text or clutter the look of the interface. Options windows remain perfectly serviceable, as does the friends list.
The green text has been removed, replaced entirely with a murky blue.
I have some minor issues with the navigation buttons and standard drop down menus, which have a dark gray text that’s hard to read/see properly when Steam isn’t the active application. This is a minor quibble as activating the window causes the color to lighten. The rest of the skin is perfectly legible and there are no other issues.
Publiclir is very usable. I’m personally not a fan of the header redesign as I find it all looks a bit dulled, but it’s all been tastefully designed and properly tested for issues. There are no crash issues and every aspect of the interface works correctly.
Publiclir is a skin that’s based on an eSports team that will appeal to people who haven’t even heard of them, thanks to its understated and efficient design. It’s not the most exciting skin out there, though.
Click on the images below to enlarge and see better!
Publiclir Skin Changelogs
- Fix: Bug in achievement notification causing the black bar not to show up.
- Remove: Logo’s on the In-game overlay have been removed due to resolution issues.
- Fix: Bug causing major lag/cancellation on the in-game overlay.
- Added: New Font added to Nav buttons (Read the Readme to learn how to use it).
- Download the skin file below, you should get an archive with the “.zip” or “.rar” extension.
- Extract the ZIP or RAR and move the folder to:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/skins
- MAC OS X: right-click Steam.app and choose show package contents then
- Open the Steam interface and in top tab, click on “Steam” / “Settings”.
- Then open the Interface section.
- Find the option “Select the skin you wish Steam to use (requires Steam to restart)” and choose the skin that you want.
- Completely shut down and restart Steam.
- That was all; now you must have another interface.
Please install the font (Droid) that comes with this skin.
- Only go back to the Interface tab in Steam’s Settings and select a different skin.
1.78MB | Version 1.2